Website Recoverycoa Clinical
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Trainer – MAT
The Trainer, working under the supervision of the Corporate Training Manager, is located at the Recovery Centers of America MAT Facilities, is responsible for designing and executing clinical, operational, and technological trainings, providing remedial training for staff at the requests of site leadership and helping to facilitate the onboarding of new employees.
- Ensures through formal trainings, remedial trainings and one-on-one coaching that all employees in all departments are well-educated in their job functions. This may include, but is not limited to, clinical activities, operational procedures, company policies and procedures, work flow and the use of technology, including electronic medical record system, in the course of each staff member’s day-to-day activities.
- Working with the designated Human Resources Business Partner, the Trainer participates actively in the development and presentation of scheduled onboarding training activities. This must include clinical, operational and technological activities.
- Working with each facility leadership team, the Trainer identifies ongoing training needs of staff on a monthly basis and develops a work flow to meet those training needs. This may include small-group work or one-on-one remedial work. Ensures that training events are completed on time and within budget.
- Working with the Quality Assurance Manager of the designated MAT sites, develops remedial trainings whenever QA scores fall below acceptable levels. Has a thorough understanding of the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) plan and works with each site’s team to develop training initiatives to improve scores falling below acceptable levels.
- Collaborates with the Training Team to develop new initiatives.
- Submission of monthly progress reports on site specific training goals.
- Participation in site-based meetings including leadership, treatment team and departmental meetings, as needed, to explore training needs, gain insight into the culture of the program and to build strong working relationships with site team members
- Participation in corporate meetings, webinars or committees as needed to remain up-to-date on policy, protocol, operational and technological changes at RCA. Incorporates those changes into ongoing training activities, at the direction and support of the Training Manager.
- Working with the Training Manager, the HRBP and Chief Information Officer, annually creates and disseminates updated training plans for all employees.
- Management of online learning management system including record keeping, reporting of issues as they present and focus on completion of location training plans via the LMS. Development of learner correction plans and tracking as needed.
- Maintains effective and solution driven communication with each site’s Executive Director to both develop and implement training initiatives to meet the needs of the employees.
- Availability during site surveys to verify training compliance via training plans and role specific training
- Availability to travel to newly launched company sites nationally to support training initiatives of new sites, employees and programming.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Master’s Degree in Education or Social Services field, with working knowledge of electronic systems is preferred.
- At least two years of experience in behavioral health/substance use disorder treatment preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Motivational Interviewing, Clinical Supervision, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Addiction Severity Index, ASAM, trauma-informed care, and/or treatment planning; together with a strong knowledge of electronic medical records.
- Exceptional organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Work harmoniously with colleagues, supporting colleagues as appropriate and balancing individual and team’s goals
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Planning: Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
Presentation: Effectively deliver content that meets the needs, wants, and levels of participants, and that can be effectively transferred from the classroom to the workplace.
Learning Environment: Trainings and trainers support environments that are conducive to teaching and encouraging learning, including the application of effective adult learning skills.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment usually moderate. such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.