Website Recoverycoa Clinical
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Providing counseling services to patients in accordance with Pennsylvania State and Federal regulations as well as agency policies and procedures. Provide clinical assistance to counselors in coordination with Clinical Supervisor.
- Ensure the completion of patient databases, treatment plans, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other essential documentation in accordance with applicable federal and state standards as well as agency policies and procedures.
- Provide patient with orientation regarding objectives of the program, phase system requirements, rule and regulations, sanctions, hours of services, patient rights, and additional information to help patient adjust to the program.
- Assure each patient is assessed and placed accordingly in one of the following phases in accordance with Federal and State standards as well as agency policies; and provide counseling to the patient in accordance with the following schedule:
- Phase 1: At least one counseling session per week.
- Phase 2: At least one counseling session every two weeks.
- Phase 3: At least one counseling session every month.
- Phase 4: At least one counseling session every month.
- Phase 5: At least one counseling session every month.
- Phase 6: At least one counseling session every month.
- Keep all patient files organized and updated for own and agency’s use in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Counsel patient in crises situation by identifying patient resources and coping abilities in order to help patient cope with and take steps to resolve crisis.
- Counsel patient who has refused to comply with specific program requirements in order to increase patient awareness of possible consequences of noncompliance.
- Arrange referrals to other agencies and resources in the community when appropriate.
- Perform quarterly treatment plan reviews.
- Participate in case conferences and case reviews in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Develop and increase knowledge of federal, state, and agency regulations regarding confidentiality, methadone treatment, and substance abuse counseling certification.
- Submit all internal and external correspondences to supervisor for review and approval.
- Secure necessary documentation from patient, when appropriate, to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Submit monthly and quarterly statistical reports to supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable of and enforce policy procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree but Masters Degree preferred in Social Work, Clinical Counseling, Mental Health.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in substance abuse treatment of which one (2) years must be in methadone maintenance.
- Have demonstrated leadership qualities amongst the counseling staff.
- Have demonstrated superior clinical skills and the ability to share expertise with others.
- To possess the knowledge and understanding of how to recognize and manage an opiate and/or other drug overdose.
- To understand the clinical benefits and limitations of urine screens, toxicology, and other testing procedures.
- Trained/certified in CPR and Basic Life Support.
- To be culturally competent.
- Knowledge of 12-Step Recovery Program theory preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Access helpful.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.