Website Recoverycoa Clinical
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00324 – Health Coach
Position Overview: The Health Coach will serve as an educator and wellness advocate for patients and the community by hosting educational and awareness events on site and through outreach.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical and medical team to engage, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with patient, their family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources and others to ensure that all services prescribed in the individualized treatment plan are implemented.
- Maintains the patient’s comprehensive clinical record, including documentation of activities performed as part of the service delivery process (e.g., education provided).
- Provide education to patient and family members about behavioral and physical health wellness and self-management.
- Provide education to clients in state-of-the-art treatment for hepatitis-C to and other infectious diseases.
- Developing and implementing self-monitoring tools for patients to use in managing OUD infectious disease and co-morbid illness.
- Develop Wellness stations and host other patient and community engagement events on site to supplement and assist patient and community education efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, or RN from qualified nursing school, OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social work field or equivalent combination of education, training, or RN from qualified nursing school.
- Certified Health Education specialist Preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year in Behavioral Health or Psychiatric.
- Knowledge of health care, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with other.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
- Decision Making: Uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions; take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences.
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively with other health professionals in the organization and leaders from other disciplines when appropriate.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.