Website Recoverycoa Operations
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
N00208 – Transportation Coordinator
Position Overview: The primary purpose of this position is provide transportation via motor vehicle to patients, and/or staff, to destinations such as doctor appointments, shopping centers or other locations, as directed by the Facilities Manager, in a safe and timely manner, adhering to strict time schedules. May provide services such as baggage handling, assistance to special needs passengers and other associated tasks. Follows verbal, written, or electronic directions to destinations. Always complies with transportation laws and regulations.
- Must maintain an up to date driver’s license
- Transports residents and visitors
- Performs vehicle daily inspections to ensure safety
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action in a timely manner.
- Provide coordination of transportation schedule on a 24/7 basis as per departmental needs
- Coordinate transportation requests with available drivers daily as per organizational needs.
- Conduct new drivers’ training and observation (new hire checklist, Fleet Safety packet, etc.)
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Integrity: Uphold personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Time Management: Uses his or her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his or her efforts on the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at once.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Must possess a minimum High School or Equivalency Diploma and a minimum of two years of experience.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to outpatient treatment security.
- Written and oral communication skills
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.