Website Recoverycoa Operations
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Medical Assistant – Woodbridge MAT Services
This position is working at the Recovery Centers of America, Medically Assisted Treatment Center in Woodbridge, NJ
This position serves as the key customer interface between RCA Laboratory Services and physician office clients. The employee in this position will collect (as applicable,) process and ship specimens to be received exclusively at RCA Laboratory Services. The employee will be responsible for operating within all applicable guidelines and staying current with all professional and safety training as well as licensure as appropriate.
- Perform venipuncture and other blood-collection procedures for specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Perform urine and urine drug screen collections for specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Perform additional specimen collections, according to laboratory requirements to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of labeling on all specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Process specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories as required to assure specimen viability and quality analysis.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all requisition forms for the identification, processing and billing of all specimens sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories.
- Package and ship specimens to be sent exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories via assigned courier services in a manner that meets DOT and IATA regulations.
- Operate and maintain all equipment associated with Genetworx Laboratories.
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies necessary for the collection and processing of specimens to include periodic inventory of supplies and review of expiration dates of perishable inventory.
- Coordinate or respond to (as appropriate) company, client and patient inquiries related exclusively to Genetworx Laboratories services.
- Perform all required tasks in a fashion that meets or exceeds legal and regulatory standards including, but not limited to: privacy/confidentiality laws (e.g. HIPAA,) conflict-of-interest laws (e.g. Stark law and federal anti-kickback law,) and laboratory operations regulations (e.g. OSHA, CLIA, CAP.)
- Identify and convey to management any real or potential issues that could interfere with the company’s ability to provide services and provide feedback which could improve the company’s quality of service.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and submission of time keeping and time off requests by required deadline.
- Maintain all personal licensure and training requirements as applicable.
- Demonstrate thorough and professional communication at all times to all clients, patients and company employees.
- Assume other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two (2) years recent experience in health care field
- Registry in ASCP (as PBT or MLT) or NCA (as CLPlb or CLT.)
- Three (3) to five (5) years working experience with development of increased independent responsibility.
- Meets or exceeds any and all individual requirements for the State in which they are employed.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over. Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, event spaces, treatment or out-patient facilities. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus. The majority of time will be spent in a physician office setting.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.