Website Recoverycoa Clinical
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
E00301 – Remote IOP Counselor
Position Overview: The Remote IOP Counselor has the primary function of facilitating group and providing individual treatment sessions virtually for individuals in the RCA MAT Programs. Inspires and motivates RCA clients to help them develop tools to work toward recovery using evidence-based and person-centered practices.
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
- Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
- Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
- Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
- Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
- Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
- Direct oversight of census within assigned area, including ensuring adequate leads and/or direction where appropriate.
- Ensures site meets census/budgetary requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Addictions, Human Services, Behavioral Health, Mental Health Counseling required.
- Addictions Counselor – Temp CADC, LCADC, CADC required
- Addictions, Mental Health, Co-Occurring Therapist – Temp MH License, LAC, LSW, LMFT-Permit, LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PHD required.
- One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations. MAT experience preferred.
- Group facilitation experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Knowledge of group, individual and family counseling
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Group Counseling: Experience facilitating psycho-education groups
- Individual Counseling: Ability to provide counseling on an individual basis
- Family Counseling: An ability to provide family counseling
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.