Website Recoverycoa Development
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
E00202 – Community Outreach Specialist
Position Overview: The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for working directly with the business development team to establish, maintain, and develop relationships with individuals impacted by substance use disorders. This includes, but is not limited to individuals in active addiction, their families and support team, and referents. The community outreach specialist will work directly with the business development team to identify new business opportunities within an assigned territory. Additionally, the community outreach specialist will operate within all facets of the treatment experience for a client, their support team and any and referral sources.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to help clients, families and all referents in the transition to treatment
- Works directly with individuals as a treatment navigator to provide seamless transition to care
- Establishes, maintains and develops relationships with referents in assigned territories
- Demonstrates knowledge and adherence to state and federal confidentiality regulations
- Conducts community based presentations to highlight company services offered
- Compiles competitive data and analyzes within assigned geographical region
- Attends industry related trade shows as assigned
- Takes an active and collaborative role as a member of the team
- Acts as a liaison between program staff and referents
- Submits timely Salesforce data, expense reports, annual strategic plans and quarterly strategic plan updates
- Participates and completes required training
- Attends and participates in all marketing meetings and calls
- Adheres to department and company policies and procedures
- Meets and exceeds established targeted goals
- Continuously works with supervisor to enhance region
- Works cohesively with operations and all team members
- Provide weekly schedule to supervisor
Education and Experience:
Associate Degree or equivalent and 3 years’ clinical experience related to substance use disorders.
2 years’ experience in sales, marketing, and/or community relations
Recovery Coach certification/experience preferred
Valid driver’s license required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, as well as Salesforce
Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Exceptional organizational skills
Displays tact in dealing with staff and management team
Willingness to be flexible in adjusting to new and changing situations
Customer Relationship Management: Engages customers interactively using technology, marketing, and customer services with the goal of improving business relationships with customers, assisting in customer retention and driving sales growth.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
Adaptability: Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected