Website Recoverycoa Nursing
1-833-RCA-JOBS | (1-833-722-5627)
Director of Nursing
Position Overview: The Director of Nursing directs, plans and coordinates service activities of professional nursing and auxiliary nursing personnel. Interprets facility policy and regulations to nursing personnel and ensures personnel compliance. Analyzes and evaluates nursing and related services to improve quality of patient care and better utilize staff time and abilities. Responsible for department budget.
* Responsible for the 24-hour management of the Nursing Department and assuring that the daily tasks of the Nursing Department are carried out in accordance with facility policy and in compliance with State, Federal Regulations, and JCAHO Accreditation Standards.
* Consult with CEO, CFO, and Medical Director on a routine basis in support of organizational mission and vision.
* Interact with patients and families, clinical teams to promote individualized, person-centered and recovery-oriented treatment
* Create and manage the department budget.
* Supervise, mentor, and evaluate all nursing staff.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in nursing or diploma from qualified nursing school and equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
* New Jersey State Registered Nursing license required
* 1 year in nursing supervision or nursing administration
* 1-year full time experience with the management of addictions in a licensed substance use disorder treatment facility.
* Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology.
* Possesses strong leadership qualities and conflict-resolution skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates as a leader in meetings.
* Hires, directs and evaluates nursing staff
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proprietary facility systems
* If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
* Creating the New and Different: The ability to generate new ideas and breakthroughs requires vision, creativity, and broad interests and knowledge. Must also be able to speculate about alternatives, manage the innovation process and teams, and bring those ideas to market.
* Focusing on Action and Outcomes: Transformative CMOs must possess the potent combination of attacking everything with energy–while also keeping an eye on the bottom line. They must be unafraid to initiate action based on incomplete data, then drive to the finish and honestly assess results.
* Inspiring Others: Building motivated, high-performing teams–or even moving an entire organization to perform at a higher level–demands a compelling vision, commitment, and superior communication. These leaders also must understand what motivates different individuals.
* Business Acumen: Ability to develop and administer budgets with a strong bottom-line mentality. Understands the levers that make the biggest impact.
* Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.